Book online bus tickets to Ankola By Ganesh Travels & Tours
Ganesh Travels & Tours takes you to the Ankola which is a Taluk (an administrative subdivision) is in Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka state, India. A small town by any standard surrounded by numerous temples.It is in line with Arabian sea. The beaches present at this place are Baskal gudda, nadibag , shedikuli , keni , Belekeri and many more. The main language spoken here is Kannada, and a dialect of Konkani that is unique to Uttara Kannada. Ankola is famous for its native breed of mango called ishaad.
Tourists Attraction in Ankola
1) In Ankola, Beaches - Keni, Belekeri, Nadibag, Basakal gudda (Bela Bundar).
2) In Ankola, Festivals - Bandihabba, Kartika, Ganesha, Deepavali, Laxmipuja, Yugaadi, Bajana saptaha.(Kanshigadha), Christmas, New year, Easter.
3) In Ankola,Activities - Costal walk, swimming, and trekking.
Ankola Ganesh Travels & Tours is a typical small town near the coast and makes a good overnight stop and a good base to explore the coastline, if you have your own transport. Just a few kilometres away from the town through the village of Bhelakeri is a huge flat cliff top overlooking miles of deserted sandy beaches - probably not suitable for sunbathing. The cliff top is used as a giant fish drying area; fascinating to see fish and workers but, less fascinating to smell. Definitely worth going to.
Temples in Ankola
There are temples in Ankola which form the part of cultural and social activities of Ankola.
* Shri Kundodari Temple
* Shri Shantadurga temple,
* Shri Masti (This ancient temple is going to be demolished by the municipal to extend the road),
* Venkatramana temple,
* Aryadurga temple,(Aryadurgadevi is kulswamini of Maharashtriya Karhade Bramhin community and this ANKOLA temple is original peeth of devi.)
* Honna Raka Temple,
* Shree Lakshminarayana Mahamaya Temple
* Narsimha temple(Bendi bazar)
* Shri Sundaranarayana temple.
* Shree Katyayani Baneshwar Temple, Aversa
The church in Ankola-
Holy Rosary church
Festivals celebrated in Ankola is.
An annual mela called 'Bandihabba' is celebrated on Buddha Poornima in the month of May. This is an important festival to be celebrated for nine days. On ninth day the mela is conducted near Shantadurga temple and people from around the town and village will throng to temple and celebrate it.
Another big festival called 'Shvi Ratri' is celebrated during November when five temple deities will be out of Ankola town on Palakki for a night stay and will return next morning. The entire town celebrates this town with fire works.
Ganesh Travels & Tours takes you to the Ankola and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Ankola
, Ankola-Bc Road
, Ankola-Sri Ramanagara
, Ankola-Kulgeri Cross
, Ankola-Gaddanakeri Cross
, Ankola-Devar Hippargi
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Jevargi
, Jevargi-Katpady (KAR)
, Jevargi-Gokarna Cross
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Jevargi
, Katpady (KAR)-Jevargi
, Gokarna Cross-Jevargi
About Ganesh Travels & Tours: