Book online bus tickets to Bijapur By Ganesh Travels & Tours
Bijapur is a district in the state of Karnataka in southern India. The city of Bijapur is the headquarters of the district, and is located 530 km northwest of Bangalore. Bijapur is well known for the great monuments of historical importance built during the Adil Shahi dynasty.
Bijapur is rich in historical attractions and make jouney to Bijapur by Ganesh Travels & Tours and have look such as.
1) Gol Gumbaz This is the most famous monument in Bijapur. It is the tomb of Mohammed Adil Shah (ruled 1627-1657). It is the second largest dome ever built, next in size only to St Peter's Basilica in Rome. A particular attraction in this monument is the central chamber, where every sound is echoed seven times. Another attraction at the Gol Gumbaz is the Whispering Gallery, where even minute sounds can be heard clearly 37 metres away. Gol Gumbaz complex includes a mosque, a Naqqar Khana (a hall for the trumpeters) (now it is used as museum) and the ruins of guest houses.
2) Ibrahim Rauza This is the tomb of Ibrahim Adil Shah II (ruled 1580-1627), the fifth king of the dynasty and, like the Mughal emperor Akbar, known for religious tolerance. Built on a single rock bed, it is noted for the symmetry of its features. It is said that the design for the Ibrahim Rauza served as an inspiration for that of the famous Taj Mahal(Bijapur).
The Quran, written in gold at Jumma Masjid
3) Jumma Masjid in Bijapur Built by Ali Adil Shah I (1558–80) is one of largest Mosque in the region. It has a large hall, elegant arches, and an excellent dome with thirty-three smaller domes surrounding it. It has an exquisite copy of the Quran, written in gold. Elaborate entrance gate was built by Emperor Aurangzeb.
The Gun Malik-E-Maidan, which means the master of the war front
4) Malik-e-Maidan in Bijapur (The Monarch of the Plains) the largest medieval cannon in the world. Being 4 m long, 1,5 m in diameter and weighing 55 tons, this gun was brought back from Ahmadnagar in the 17th century as a trophy of war by 400 oxen, 10 elephants and tens of men. It was placed on the Sherza Burj (Lion Gate) on a platform especially built for it. The cannon's nozzle is fashioned into the shape of a lion's head. It is said that after igniting the cannon, the gunner would remain underwater in a tank of water on the platform to avoid the deafening explosion. The cannon remains cool even in strong sunlight and if tapped, tinkles like a bell. In 1854 the cannon was auctioned for Rs. 150 but the sale was cancelled in the end.
5)Uppali Buruj in Bijapur Built around 1584 by Hyder Khan, is an 80 ft (25 m) high tower standing to the north of Dakhani Idgah in Bijapur. This is a spherical structure with stone steps winding round the outside. Top of the tower offers a commanding view of the city. This is also known as "Hyder Burj", "Upli Burj". On top of Upli Burj there are two guns of huge size. The parafeet this tower which was used for monitoring purposes has been fenced now. One needs to climb the circular stairs to reach the top. However except for this tower there is very little evidence of the citadel wall in this area due to rampant construction.
6) Chand Bawdiin Bijapur , Ali Adil Shah (1558–1580) built this tank near eastern boundary of Bijapur. When there was large influx of people into Bijapur after the fall of the Vijayanagar empire, and new settlements came up within the walled city raising the need for better infrastructure and providing water supply. This has a storage capacity of 20 million litres. Later it became a model for many other tanks constructed in the city. A grandeur complex came up around it, which was mainly used to house the maintenance staff though members of the royal family occasionally used it for recreation. He named this after his wife "Chand Bibi".
7) Asar Mahal in Bijapur , The Asar Mahal was built by Mohammed Adil Shah in about 1646, which was used to serve as a Hall of Justice. The building was also used to house the blessed relic - the holy hairs from the Prophet's beard. The rooms on the upper storey are decorated with frescoes and the front is graced with a square tank. Here women are not allowed inside. Every year there is urs (festival) held at this place. In front of the hall, one can see three tanks the bigger tank, which is at the centre is about 15 feet deep however the other two are comparatively smaller in size as well as depth. Behind Asar Mahal one can still see the remain of the citadel. Just a kilometer away behind Asar Mahal, one can still find the old mosque which is on top of the citadel wall. There is a big entrance with arc below this mosque. Many stones have inscriptions. The site is under maintenance of Archeological Survey of India.
8) Gagan Mahal in Bijapur, which means Sky Palace, is built with a 21- meter façade and four wooden massive pillars, has a majestic central arch. Sikandar Adil Shah, in silver chains, surrendered to Aurangzeb in 1681 here.
9) Barakaman (Ali Roza-II) in Bijapur. A mausoleum of Ali Roza built in 1672. It was previously named as Ali Roza, but Shah Nawab Khan changed its name to Bara Kaman as this was the 12th monument during his reign. It has now seven arches and the tomb containing the graves of Ali, his queens and eleven other ladies possibly belonging to the Zenana of the queens.
Among the other historical attractions at Bijapur, some notable ones are the Anand Mahal, Jod Gumbaz, Sat Manzil, and Jal Manzil.
Thus you can visit these places by visiting Bijapur through Ganesh Travels & Tours which makes the journey more comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Bijapur
, Bijapur-Gokarna Cross
, Bijapur-Katpady (KAR)
Book online bus tickets to Kundapur By Ganesh Travels & Tours
Ganesh Travels & Tours takes you to the Kundapura is a city in Udupi district in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the headquarters of the Kundapura taluk and is about 36 km (22 mi) from Udupi. Kundapura is noted for its 95,000 solar lighting installations by Selco Solar, a Bangalore-based social enterprise.
The name Kundapura can be traced to the Kundeshvara temple built by Kundavarma in the vicinity of the Panchagangavalli river. Kundapura is also described as the 'town of the sun'. The name may be derived from Kunda, meaning jasmine, owing to the abundance of jasmine-trees in the area. According to others, Kunda means 'pillar' in Kannada, and here refers to the traditional method of constructing houses. Kunda has another meaning, indicating a high place. Until the 18th century, nearby Basrur was an important town and Kundapura was built later, particularly during the British period. Kundapura is surrounded by water from three sides. To the north lies the Panchagangavali river. To the east lies the Kalaghar river. To the west lie the Kodi back waters and the Arabian Sea), leaving the south side as the main connecting land mass.
1) Kundeswara temple can be seen within the town. Kundapura is surrounded on three sides by water / back water - and as such one can find good scenes of water and coconut trees all around. The boat point to Gangolli is one such beautiful place, with a vast area of the back waters of Haladi River, which joins the Arabian Sea nearby. From this point, the range of Western Ghats at a distance of 20 km (12 mi), including highest peak Kodachadri, is a beautiful sight. The three-sides- water- town concept of Kundapura is not exploited to develop the tourism industry in this area. There are a good number of lodges in this town which is well connected by highway to Karwar, Goa and Mumbai. It has the potential of becoming an exceptional tourist attraction.
2) Sri Vinayaka (Ganesh) Temple at Anegudde, between Kota, Udupi and Koteshwar towns. The temple is located 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) from Kundapura. Among the several temples in Kumbhashi Anegudde, Sri Vinayaka Temple is the oldest, and it is also the most popular in this region. This Ganesh temple is on a small hillock, giving the name Anegudde, "Ane" meaning elephant and "Gudde" meaning a hillock.
3) Mekekattu Nadhikeshwara temple is an historical place. Located about 20 kilometres (12 mi) from Kundapura, it falls within the limits of Udupi Taluk, but is culturally connected to Kundapura. It is nearer to Barkuru in the Shiriyara village. Legend says it is a creation of sage Parashurama as applicable to all places of Coastal Karnataka. With the passage of time the area where the temple is situated has been called by different names. It attracts several visitors every year, particularly during annual festival, hasara, and sedi. Striking feature of Mekkekattu temple include a large collection of coloured, wooden idols, some of which measure up to 10 feet in height. Most of the wooden statues are in warrior dress, giving an impression that this entire row of wooden statues are made to remember an incidence of war that would have taken place here during 1600-1700 AD (no historic evidence for this war is found yet, but can be linked to Mogul / Bahamani Invasion). Some of the statues are like Muslim soldires, some like maratha soldiers. Some even hold a replica of an old gun or swords, posed as if ready for war. All wooden statues are given local mythological names. Yettinahatti, very near to Mekke kattu, is an interesting place where bulls are worshiped, and may have some historical links with Mekke Kattu. There is one more small place called Karuvina Hatti about 35 kilometres (22 mi) from Udupi via Brahmavara – Barkur,Shiriyara
4) Guddattu Vinayaka temple This particular temple, situated in the border area of Kundapur and Udupi taluks, has to been seen to be believed. Guddattu is a place of natural beauty. The History of Guddattu Sri Vinayaka Temple runs back for about 1700 years. The natural rock formation similar to Ganesh Idol is inside a small cave and the natural formation of cave is such that, around thousand Koda of water collects naturally and submerges the Ganesh Idol. It is said that the three foot idol of Lord Vinayaka was emerged by itself, attaching to a big rock. The black and grey stone structure of Lord Ganapathi is in a sitting position. His trunk is towards the right, eyes and legs clearly visible. The pooja of Ayarkoda is performed by devotees with much faith and devotion. The new rock Temple is constructed here, adjacent to a huge granite rock, which looks like a sleeping elephant. This temple is about 35 kilometres (22 mi) from Udupi via Brahmavara – Barkur, Shiriyara, about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) from Kundapur via Koteshwara – Hunsemakhi -Guddeangady.
5)In Kundapur, Padukone is a coastal village located approximately 17 kilometres (11 mi) north of the taluk center. Part of the village is surrounded by the Souparnika River and one has to cross this river in an old wooden boat from Maraswami. Padukone is a beautiful village surrounded by coconut trees, water, and kudru.
6) Basrur - Many temples are located here on the southern banks of the Varahi River. Historically, Basrur is the main and center place of Kundapura Taluk. This area has many historical structures. Traders from foreign countries used to bring their boats and ships to Basrur, which is a natural harbour, and trade their goods for pepper and good quality rice. During 19th and 20th centuries, this place was famous for a singing and dancing lady community and such ladies devoted their lives to singing, entertainment and mainly attending the fancy and needs of rich gentlemen of the area.
7) Uppinakudru - Uppinakudru, or salt island, is located 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) north of Kundapura which is a taluk headquarters in Udupi District.
8) Hoovinakere - It is the birthplace of the philosopher Vadiraja, who preached Dvaita philosophy after Madhvacharya.
9) In Kundapur, Koteshwara - The Koteshwara temple is an historical and religious centre. Here the lake adjacent to the temple is larger than the main temple. One of the many legends about this lake is that there is an underground tunnel to Vandaru Kambala Gadde which is at a distance of 20 kilometres (12 mi). The Pattabhiramachandra temple, Mariyamma Temple, and the Kodandarama Temple are located in the same place.10) In Kundapur, Hattiangadi has another well-known temple of Lord Ganapathi, and many other ancient temples besides.
11)In Kundapur, Kirimanjeshwara - Located about 22 kilometres (14 mi) from Kundapur, it has the Kirimanjeshwara temple amidst beautiful surroundings. There is another old temple called the Agastyeshwara temple, named after Sage Agastya.
12) In Kundapur, Shankaranarayana - Located about 32 kilometres (20 mi) to the east of Kundapur, it is traditionally called Krodha Kshetra and is one of the seven places of pilgrimage in the region mentioned in the Skanda Purana.
13) Trasi - Located about 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) to the North of Kundapur, Trasi has a beautiful 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) long beach with Turtle Bay and Beach Resort.14) In Kundapur, Maravanthe One of Karnataka's most beautiful beaches. It is about 55 kilometres (34 mi) from Udupi. NH-17 runs right next to the beach and the Suparnika River flows on the other side of the road, creating a spectacular scenery and considered only one of its kind in India. The river Souparnika, which almost touches Arabian Sea here, makes a U turn and goes eastward to join the Sea only after a journey of more than 10 kilometres (6.2 mi), which is a geological wonder.
15) Ottinene - This is a sunset point on the seashore, near Byndoor village on the national highway. The Kshitija Nature Resort, a beach and sunset point, are favorite spots with travelers here. Byndoor is a village near the sea.
Thus the above places can be visited through Ganesh Travels & Tours.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kundapur
, Kundapur-Devar Hippargi
, Kundapur-Kulgeri Cross
, Kundapur-Sri Ramanagara
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Kundapur
, Devar Hippargi-Kundapur
, Kulgeri Cross-Kundapur
, Sri Ramanagara-Kundapur
About Ganesh Travels & Tours: