Book online bus tickets to Bijapur By Ganesh Travels & Tours
Bijapur is a district in the state of Karnataka in southern India. The city of Bijapur is the headquarters of the district, and is located 530 km northwest of Bangalore. Bijapur is well known for the great monuments of historical importance built during the Adil Shahi dynasty.
Bijapur is rich in historical attractions and make jouney to Bijapur by Ganesh Travels & Tours and have look such as.
1) Gol Gumbaz This is the most famous monument in Bijapur. It is the tomb of Mohammed Adil Shah (ruled 1627-1657). It is the second largest dome ever built, next in size only to St Peter's Basilica in Rome. A particular attraction in this monument is the central chamber, where every sound is echoed seven times. Another attraction at the Gol Gumbaz is the Whispering Gallery, where even minute sounds can be heard clearly 37 metres away. Gol Gumbaz complex includes a mosque, a Naqqar Khana (a hall for the trumpeters) (now it is used as museum) and the ruins of guest houses.
2) Ibrahim Rauza This is the tomb of Ibrahim Adil Shah II (ruled 1580-1627), the fifth king of the dynasty and, like the Mughal emperor Akbar, known for religious tolerance. Built on a single rock bed, it is noted for the symmetry of its features. It is said that the design for the Ibrahim Rauza served as an inspiration for that of the famous Taj Mahal(Bijapur).
The Quran, written in gold at Jumma Masjid
3) Jumma Masjid in Bijapur Built by Ali Adil Shah I (1558–80) is one of largest Mosque in the region. It has a large hall, elegant arches, and an excellent dome with thirty-three smaller domes surrounding it. It has an exquisite copy of the Quran, written in gold. Elaborate entrance gate was built by Emperor Aurangzeb.
The Gun Malik-E-Maidan, which means the master of the war front
4) Malik-e-Maidan in Bijapur (The Monarch of the Plains) the largest medieval cannon in the world. Being 4 m long, 1,5 m in diameter and weighing 55 tons, this gun was brought back from Ahmadnagar in the 17th century as a trophy of war by 400 oxen, 10 elephants and tens of men. It was placed on the Sherza Burj (Lion Gate) on a platform especially built for it. The cannon's nozzle is fashioned into the shape of a lion's head. It is said that after igniting the cannon, the gunner would remain underwater in a tank of water on the platform to avoid the deafening explosion. The cannon remains cool even in strong sunlight and if tapped, tinkles like a bell. In 1854 the cannon was auctioned for Rs. 150 but the sale was cancelled in the end.
5)Uppali Buruj in Bijapur Built around 1584 by Hyder Khan, is an 80 ft (25 m) high tower standing to the north of Dakhani Idgah in Bijapur. This is a spherical structure with stone steps winding round the outside. Top of the tower offers a commanding view of the city. This is also known as "Hyder Burj", "Upli Burj". On top of Upli Burj there are two guns of huge size. The parafeet this tower which was used for monitoring purposes has been fenced now. One needs to climb the circular stairs to reach the top. However except for this tower there is very little evidence of the citadel wall in this area due to rampant construction.
6) Chand Bawdiin Bijapur , Ali Adil Shah (1558–1580) built this tank near eastern boundary of Bijapur. When there was large influx of people into Bijapur after the fall of the Vijayanagar empire, and new settlements came up within the walled city raising the need for better infrastructure and providing water supply. This has a storage capacity of 20 million litres. Later it became a model for many other tanks constructed in the city. A grandeur complex came up around it, which was mainly used to house the maintenance staff though members of the royal family occasionally used it for recreation. He named this after his wife "Chand Bibi".
7) Asar Mahal in Bijapur , The Asar Mahal was built by Mohammed Adil Shah in about 1646, which was used to serve as a Hall of Justice. The building was also used to house the blessed relic - the holy hairs from the Prophet's beard. The rooms on the upper storey are decorated with frescoes and the front is graced with a square tank. Here women are not allowed inside. Every year there is urs (festival) held at this place. In front of the hall, one can see three tanks the bigger tank, which is at the centre is about 15 feet deep however the other two are comparatively smaller in size as well as depth. Behind Asar Mahal one can still see the remain of the citadel. Just a kilometer away behind Asar Mahal, one can still find the old mosque which is on top of the citadel wall. There is a big entrance with arc below this mosque. Many stones have inscriptions. The site is under maintenance of Archeological Survey of India.
8) Gagan Mahal in Bijapur, which means Sky Palace, is built with a 21- meter façade and four wooden massive pillars, has a majestic central arch. Sikandar Adil Shah, in silver chains, surrendered to Aurangzeb in 1681 here.
9) Barakaman (Ali Roza-II) in Bijapur. A mausoleum of Ali Roza built in 1672. It was previously named as Ali Roza, but Shah Nawab Khan changed its name to Bara Kaman as this was the 12th monument during his reign. It has now seven arches and the tomb containing the graves of Ali, his queens and eleven other ladies possibly belonging to the Zenana of the queens.
Among the other historical attractions at Bijapur, some notable ones are the Anand Mahal, Jod Gumbaz, Sat Manzil, and Jal Manzil.
Thus you can visit these places by visiting Bijapur through Ganesh Travels & Tours which makes the journey more comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Bijapur
, Bijapur-Gokarna Cross
, Bijapur-Katpady (KAR)
Book online bus tickets to Manipal By Ganesh Travels & Tours
Manipal Ganesh Travels & Tours is a university town situated in the state of Karnataka in India. It is a suburb within Udupi city and is administered by Udupi City Municipality. It is located in the rocky hinterland of the Malabar Coast of south west India, about 8 km (5 mi) from the Arabian Sea. From its location on a plateau, it commands a view of the Arabian Sea to the west and the Western Ghats range to the east.
Manipal Ganesh Travels & Tours is often discribed as the Harvard of India,a University City home to Manipal University (formerly known as, MAHE) comprising of esteemed educational institutions Manipal University Building,Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (KMC, Manipal),Manipal Institute of Technology (ManipalTech), including the MIM Manipal Institute of Management, the T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI),Manipal Life Sciences Center (MLSC), the Manipal campus of Melaka Manipal Medical College (also known as International Centre for Health Sciences or ICHS), the Manipal College Of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MCOPS) and the Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA). The spectrum of educational institutions covers everything from elementary schools to professional and graduate level colleges.
It is situated a few kilometres from the temple city of Udupi, and is 60 km (37 mi) north of Mangalore. Parkala is one of its residential areas. Manipal Ganesh Travels & Tours was previously under Shivalli village panchayat. The name is derived from manipalla angliced to Manipal.Palla means stream in Tulu Language. It is a center of academic learning, healthcare, industry and finance.
The town gained prominence in the 1950s, when T.M.A. Pai, doctor, banker, educator, industrialist and philanthropist transformed a barren hillock into what is today a renowned university town. Pai first established the Kasturba Medical College in 1953, and Manipal Institute of Technology in 1957. In the year 1999 the Posts and Telegraph department of the Government of India released a commemorative stamp in honour of Pai. Manipal Institute of Communication is a constituent college of Manipal University. It is one of the premier journalism and communication colleges in India.
Manipal Ganesh Travels & Tours Universal Learning has always believed in the philosophy that education knows no barriers not even that of geography. Being a Learning Resource Development Centre for Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences and Manipal University, Manipal Universal Learning has been offering student support services for Distance Education programs and also Short term courses on Information Technology.
Thus manipal is mainly ment for education and science.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Manipal
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Manipal
About Ganesh Travels & Tours: