Book online bus tickets to Kottayam By Ganesh Travels & Tours
Ganesh Travels & Tours takes you to the Kottayam is a city in the Indian state of Kerala. It is located in central Kerala and is also the administrative capital of Kottayam district. Kottayam has an estimated population of 60,725, according to the 2001 census. The town is an important trading center of spices and commercial crops, especially rubber. Major Kerala print media such as Malayala Manorama group and Deepika are headquartered in the city. Also a pioneering centre of modern education in Kerala, the city became India's first municipality to achieve 100% literacy in 1989 and the district became the first tobacco free district in India[citation needed. The city of Kottayam is also called as "Akshara Nagari which means the "City of Letters" considering its contribution to print media and literature.First Freedom Fighter Chempil Arayan Ananthapadmanabhan Valiya Arayan Kankumaran who fought at the Cochin Fort against the British Rule in 29 December 1808.Chempil Arayan was the commander in chief of Velu Thambi Dalawa.
Kottayam Ganesh Travels & Tours is a major trading center of natural rubber in India. Rubber trees are extensively cultivated in central Kerala, especially in vast areas of Kottayam District, in plantations, both large and small. The Rubber Board, a body set up by the Government of India for the development of rubber industry, is located at Kottayam. A number of small and medium sized enterprises in and around the town are engaged in the processing of rubber latex and manufacturing of rubber products. Besides rubber, Kottayam is a trading place of other commercial crops like spices cultivated widely in the surrounding areas. The Plantation Corporation of Kerala also has its headquarters at Kottayam.
Kottayam Ganesh Travels & Tours is also known as a business centre. The stretch of Kottayam–Kumily Road (KK road) that passes through the town is a major shopping centre and Sastri Road, one of the broadest road in kottayam is also a hot spot for shopping with the outlets of all the leading brands in the world. Baker Junction and Kanjikuzhy are also considered as the commercial and residential hubs of the town. Kottayam district has industries like Hindustan Newsprint Limited, Kottayam Spinning Mills and KSE factory.
Tourism has a major contribution to the economy of the place, as many tourism related businesses thrive in the town. Kumarakom, one of the most famous tourist destinations in Kerala, is only 14 km from the town. Wagamon is another place worth a visit, and borders the districts of Kottayam and Idukki.
Kottayam Ganesh Travels & Tours is an important commercial centre of Kerala, situated in the southern part of India. Sandwiched between tranquil palm-lined backwaters on the west and the Western ghats on the east, Kottayam is among the state's most mountainous regions, providing some of Kerala's finest natural scenes. The town is surrounded by some of the most fertile and beautiful scenery in the state with hills to its East and backwaters to the west. Kottayam is the ideal take off point for visits to Peermedu, Munnar, Idukki, Thekkady, Ernakulam and the temple city of Madurai. Most of India's natural rubber originates from the lands of well-kept plantations of Kottayam, also home to the Rubber Board, one of the country's primary commodities board. Backwater Cruise at Kottayam
Major Tourist Attractions in Kottayam.
1) Thirunakkara Mahadeva Shiva Temple
In Kottayam there is a Shiva temple was built in the South Indian style of temple architecture. The murals on the walls are a major attraction here. The sanctum sanctorum is decorated with scenes from Hindu epics. In the month of March, on the occasion of the annual temple festival the temple pulls in a large number of pilgrims.
In Kottayam , this is one of the largest churches in Kottayam. The church is dedicated to St. Mary and is located in Thazhathangadi about 4km northwest of the town center. The church is known for two 8th-century Persian crosses with Pahlavi inscriptions that prove them to be the earliest examples of Christianity in India.
In Kottayam , The church of Cheriyapally is dedicated to St. Mary. Built in 1579 AD, the church houses some exquisite vegetable dye paintings on the ceilings and walls depicting biblical and non-biblical themes.
4) Thazhathangadi Mosque
In Kottayam , Known for its exquisite architecture, the mosque forms an important pilgrim center of Kottayam. The 1,000-year-old mosque at Thazhathangadi is believed to have been built by Malik Dinar.
5) Good Shepherd Church
In Kottayam , The Good Shepherd Church is the first church of the Diocese of Vijayapuram, built in the Italian style. The construction of the Church was completed in 1882 and was renovated in 1964. The annual feast of Good Shepherd is held here in the month of April every year.
The above places can be visited through Ganesh Travels & Tours
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kottayam
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Kottayam
, Katpady (KAR)-Kottayam
Book online bus tickets to Kannur By Ganesh Travels & Tours.
Kannur Ganesh Travels & Tours also known as Cannanore, is a city and a municipality in Kannur district in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the administrative headquarters of the district of Kannur. It is known as Land of Looms and Lores. During British rule in India, Kannur was known by its Portuguese name of Cannanore which is still in fairly common usage. This is the largest city of North Malabar. Kannur Municipality was established in 1867 and is one of the oldest municipalities in Kerala.
According to the data compiled by Indicus Analytics, a research firm, Kannur is one of the ten best cities in India to live. The parameters set by this firm are in the field of health, education, environment, safety, public facilities and entertainment for preparing the data.
Kannur Ganesh Travels & Tours is the fourth largest urban agglomeration in Kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode, and has a population of 4,98,207. Kannur is known as the land of looms and lores, because of the loom industries functioning in the district and festivals held in temples. Kannur is famous for its pristine beaches; Theyyam, its native performing art; and its handloom industry.
Kannur Ganesh Travels & Tours is of great strategic military importance. It houses one of the 62 military cantonments in the country, the Kannur Cantonment, and is the current seat of the Defence Security Corps.
Places in Kannur by Ganesh Travels & Tours.
Kannur City Centre on Fort Road
Shenoy Centre on Fort Road
1) Indian Naval Academy It is Asia's largest naval academy located at Ezhimala which is approximately 35 km north of Kannur.
2) St. Angelo Fort It was built in 1505 by the first Portuguese Viceroy of India, Dom Francisco de Almeida. In 1663, the Dutch captured it and then in 1772, they sold the fort to the Arakkal King. In 1790, the British Captured it and it was under British until 1947.
3) Payyambalam Beach is a famous Kannur beach with an unbroken coastline of a few kilometres. From the beach, one can see ships in transit along the Malabar coast, from beyond Calicut (Kozhikode) moving towards Mangalore, Goa and Bombay (Mumbai). The well laid out garden and the massive landscaped sculpture of Mother and Child erected by noted sculptor Kanayi Kunhiraman makes it extremely captivating.
4) Arakkal Museum, located in Ayikkara, is a museum dedicated to the Arakkal family, the only Muslim royal family in Kerala, south India. The museum is actually a section of the Arakkalkettu (Arakkal Palace). The durbar hall section of the palace has been converted into a museum by the Government of Kerala. It was opened in July 2005 after a massive renovation work and is managed by the Arakkal Family Trust.
5) The Cannanore Lighthouse near the Sea View Park is another place of interest. The first lighthouse at Kannur was built in 1843 by the British at St. Angelo's Fort. Over the years, the lighthouse was renovated and in 1948, it was moved to the current location. The lighthouse is still in use.
6) The Cannanore Cantonment is one of the 62 cantonments in the country and the only one in Kerala. It was established by the British in the 19th century and is still an important location for Indian armed forces
7) The Defence Security Corps (DSC) Centre and DSC Records is located in Kannur town, on the road to Payyambalam Beach. The area is a part of the Cannanore Cantonment and is well-maintained by the Cantonment Board. The DSC centre at Kannur is the mother depot to all platoons in the country.
8) Baby Beach, so-called because it is smaller than its larger neighbour, Payyambalam Beach. St. Angelo Fort is adjacent to it. The baby beach is part of the Cannanore Cantonment and access may be restricted at times.
9) Meenkunnu Beach at Azhikode, just a few kilometres from the town.
10) Mopla Bay in Ayikkara, near the St. Angelo fort, is a major fishing harbor overlooking the Arabian Sea.
11) The Azhikkal Ferry — near Azhikode, about 10 km from Kannur town, where the Valapattanam river joins the Arabian sea. The Azhikkal ferry gives a magnificent view of the sunset. There is a granite pathway here which stretches 2 km into the sea.
12) The Kannur City Center is a prominent shopping center on Fort Road.
13) The Sea View Park, near the Payyambalam beach is overlooked by the Government Guest House. The Park is at an elevation from the sea level and gives a magnificent view of the sunset.
14) Kannur Central Bus Terminal,its Kerala's biggest bus terminal, located at Thavakkara,its also India's first bus terminal to be developed on a build-operate-transfer (BOT) basis.
15) Vismaya amusement park,the Vismaya amusement park is at Parassinikadavu, 17 km from Kannur town. The amusement park is located in 30 acres of land and can handle 3,000-3,500 visitors at a time.
16) Peralassery Subrahmanya Swami Kshetram, 14 km from Kannur on Koothuparamba Road. It has been believed that Lord Rama stayed here when he was going in search of Sita Devi.
17) Anjarakandy,Asias largest Cinanamon estate is here 18 km from Kannur which was established by East India company in 1797 as a cinnamon plantation. A historical war between Pazhassi raja and British army was fought out from here in the year 1803, Kannur Medical college is also located here .
18) Muzhappilangad beach - The biggest drive-in beach in Asia.
19) Parassinikadavu Sree Muthappan, - A beautiful kshetram (Temple) river side, Thousands of people visit there.
Thus the above places can be visited Ganesh Travels & Tours.
About Ganesh Travels & Tours: